With over 200 confirmed speakers and more than 50 different sessions covering 13 different topics, CEPS Ideas Lab is one of the most comprehensive high-level policy events at the heart of Europe.
This year’s conference, “Europe’s Next Stage,” will reflect on the von der Leyen’s first 100 days, Europe’s geopolitical role and the effects of the UK leaving the EU. The opening plenary of the Conference will include Charles Michel, President of the European Council, Cinzia Alcidi, Senior Research Fellow, Head of Economic Policy Unit, CEPS and member of EMEA executive board, and Caroline de Gruyter (moderator) Journalist, NRC Handelsblad.
During the event, EMEA co-organizes the session “Prime Talk: Africa home grown leadership and EU support” with the participation of H.E. Suzi Barbosa Minister of Foreign Affairs, Republic of Guinea-Bissau, Mohamed Methqal General Director, Morocco International Cooperation Agency, Moubarack Lô Director General of the Economic Foresight Bureau of Senegal and Former Special Advisor to the Prime Minister, Senegal, Kwame Barnieh Partner – Risk Consulting, KPMG Ghana, Valentino Rossi Head of the Brussels Office, ENEL and a Representative from the European Commission. Moderator of the session will be Prof. Rym Ayadi, Founder and President of the Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association (EMEA) and Senior Advisor, CEPS.
Additionally, EMEA President Prof. Rym Ayadi, will moderate the session “EU Banking Supervision and Resolution: Challenges for small host countries”, with the participation of Boris Vujčić Governor, Croatian National Bank, Madis Müller Governor, Estonian National Bank, Christoph Schöfböck CEO, Erste Bank Croatia, Boštjan Jazbec Member of the Board, Single Resolution Board, Jo Swyngedouw Head of Financial Stability, AML Supervision and Banking Prudential Policy, National Bank of Belgium.
Prof. Ayadi will also participate as a speaker, at the “Special Session: Agenda 2030: Unleashing the Potential of Women Entrepreneurs”, with Lieve Creten Senior Partner, Deloitte Belgium, Tamako Mitarai CEO, Kesennuma Knitting, Shada Islam (moderator) Director of Europe & Geopolitics, Friends of Europe, Alexandra Almeida Senior Officer Lending Operations Central and South East Europe Department, Banks Division, European Investment Bank (EIB), Krystel Sil Sikana CEO, cube4steam, Itir Aykut Partner, Aykut Investment, Turkey, Bouchra Rahmouni Director for Research, Partnerships & Events, Policy Center for the New South.
The team of EMEA Think Tank at the conference will consist of the following experts:
- Prof. Rym Ayadi, CASS Business School, EBA, and EMEA Founding President
- Cinzia Alcidi, Head Economic Policy Unit, CEPS, and Member of the EMEA Executive Board
- Fathallah Sijilmassi, Former Ambassador, former SG of the Union for the Mediterranean, and Member of EMEA Advisory Board
- Roger Albinyana, Director IEMED, and Member of EMEA Advisory Board
- Raja Almarzoqi, Institute of Diplomatic Studies, and Member of EMEA Advisory Board
- Nooh Alshyab, Yarmuk University Jordan
- Racha Ramadan, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Cairo University
- Chahir Zaki, Faculty of Economics & Political Science, Cairo University
- Serena Sandri, German Jordanian University
- Monia Slighoua, EUMF
- Rim Mouelhi, IHEC Carthage
- Samir Abdullah, MAS
- Yacine Belarbi, CREAD
- Bouchra Rahmouni, Policy Center for the New South.
- Kinga Konya, EMEA Project Manager
- Nektar Baziotis, EMEA IT and AI Officer
- George Christopoulos, EMEA Intelligence and Communication Officer
The Euro-Mediterranean Economists Association – EMEA is an independent regional think tank based in Barcelona, supported by 25 Universities and Research Institutions from 12 countries. EMEA coordinates and promotes the Euro-Mediterranean Network for Economic Studies – EMNES, a Network of 30 Universities and Research Institutions from 14 countries, which consists of a core team of over 100 experts in all economic fields.